High speed internet in Logan

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Thu Jun 29 13:18:21 MDT 2006

I used to live up there as of a few months ago.

You can get 6Mb down and 768Kb up with Comcast. Nearly everyone in Logan uses
Comcast. There just are not a lot of choices. It's diary land. Very few tech workers
up there.

The trick to getting the higher speed with Comcast is to get on (I think) one of
thier digital TV packages. The higher speeds were only recently added in Logan
(maybe in the last 6 months). A Comcast tech I knew up there explained that the
higher speeds are only available if you are connected to the same line as the
upper-cost channel lineups. He explained that it was a Logan thing. He also said you
want to have the right modem. He further explained that pretty much only the
technicians understand the magic combo, so talk to the guy doing your install to get
the latest details.

The IP you get is not static, but I had the same IP for probably 18 months straight.

Where did you find a job up there?

-Ryan