Publishing flamebait [Fwd: Pragmatic Bookshelf releases "FromJava To Ruby"]

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Thu Jun 29 11:45:14 MDT 2006

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 09:21:11AM -0700, Ross Werner wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jun 2006, Michael L Torrie wrote:

> I firmly believe that one can be very, very proficient with vim and yet
> still prefer Eclipse for Java programming. I don't believe I'm at the Hans
> Fugal level of vim proficiency, but I think I have a good chance of being
> in the top 10 of pluggers. Eclipse *does* slow me down in terms of text
> editing tasks, but I find that all of the other tools it provides more
> than makes up for that slowness.
>
> That said, I think it's possible to write a decent vi plugin for Eclipse
> that gives you the best of both worlds.

There may be another way to handle this. You can set emacs to reload a
buffer if its file changes. I found that very useful when working in
Visual Studio, way back when (don't ask), and for sundry other
purposes. If you can set Eclipse and vi to do the same, you can toggle
between the two as needed.