Publishing flamebait [Fwd: Pragmatic Bookshelf releases "FromJava To Ruby"]

Ross Werner ross at indessed.com
Thu Jun 29 10:36:47 MDT 2006

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006, Hans Fugal wrote:
> I haven't programmed in Java for awhile, but if I did have to do a lot
> of Java programming and had to use ant, I may need Eclipse too. I think
> this says more about Java than IDEs...

I disagree--if we're talking about test-driven development of a desktop
application (web frameworks absolutely suck for Java compared to those
available for ruby, python, or even PHP) I'd wager that we would be pretty
well-matched for speed. This is getting dangerously close to devolving
into a language-bashing flamewar though, so I'll just let it go at that.
:-)

 	~ Ross