Publishing flamebait [Fwd: Pragmatic Bookshelf releases "FromJava To Ruby"]

Jacob Fugal lukfugl at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 16:29:54 MDT 2006

On 6/28/06, Gregory Hill <Gregory_Hill at tni.com> wrote:
> for web development (for which Ruby was designed, if I'm not mistaken),

Ruby wasn't developed for web development, but Rails -- a Ruby library
-- was. And Rails *is* what Barry's question was about, so mistake
forgiven. :)

If one can manage to get out of the web development mindset and look
past Rails (I'll admit it's difficult, Rails is getting hyped a lot
right now), they'll discover there's a *whole* lot more to Ruby than
Rails. :)

Jacob Fugal