Test

Joe Crown joecr at linuxmail.org
Wed Jun 28 15:47:05 MDT 2006

Jake Pollmann wrote:
> On 6/28/06, Stuart Jansen <sjansen at buscaluz.org> wrote:
> <SNIP>
>> Then I did an rpm -V and found out that mod_negotiate was
>> corrupted. (I suspect hardware problems, the install was pristine.)
>> Replaced mod_negotiate and I was good to go. I don't think Windows has
>> any way to do the equivalent, eventually I would have been forced to
>> reinstall everything.
> <SNIP>
>
> Windows 2003 has system file checker:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310747
>
> rpm -V certainly predates SFC, but SFC can come in handy in similar
> situations.
>
> Jake

Windows 98 had a SFC as well.  They removed it in Windows ME because of
all the problems people created by using it after applying updates to
the computer.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/185836
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/188186

--

American Family Association & 30+ Other Groups Call for Boycott of Ford
Motor Company

The Electronic Frontier Foundation is highlighting three sets of bad
laws going through Congress right now.
http://www.eff.org/corrupt

Don't pay malware vendors - boycott Sony & Symantec

Joe Crown aka joker

joecr at linuxmail.org

completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Douglas Adams, "Mostly Harmless"