Publishing flamebait [Fwd: Pragmatic Bookshelf releases "From Java To Ruby"]

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Wed Jun 28 15:41:27 MDT 2006

On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 02:30:06PM -0600, Bryan Sant wrote:
> On 6/28/06, Gabriel Gunderson <gabe at gundy.org> wrote:

> I don't dismiss what he has to say -- I'd be saying the same thing if
> I developed software with emacs instead of a modern IDE.

Emacs is not a modern IDE?

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/5765

Java developers might try Java Development Environment for Emacs
(JDEE). http://jdee.sunsite.dk/

Serious question, not flame bait: what is lacking from Emacs that a
"modern" IDE would have? I'm mildly intrigued by Eclipse, but wonder
what it has that would be worth trading in my expertise in Emacs to
get.