Publishing flamebait [Fwd: Pragmatic Bookshelf releases "From Java To Ruby"]

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Wed Jun 28 13:08:19 MDT 2006

I thought this email was kinda funny (from the Pragmatic Bookshelf) and
wanted to share it.  This is the *one* book you must have in the
trenches of a Ruby VS Java flame war.

I love how the first paragraph suggests that Java prevents your team
form being productive, is inflexible, hard to maintain and is not the
best tool for the job.  I'm not saying those things *are* or *are not*
true; I'm just saying I think it's funny to sell a book as interested in
tearing down Java as it is building up Ruby.

BTW, I don't use Java or Ruby.