Eclipse is very nice, but :(...

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Tue Jun 20 17:05:28 MDT 2006

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 at 13:25 -0600, Alex Esplin wrote:
> On 6/20/06, Hans Fugal <hans at fugal.net> wrote:
> >I use shiftwidth=4,tabstop=8,expandtab,smarttab
>
> Which means that the "multitudes" of people who use variations of
> Hans' .vimrc are Right(tm) also? :-)

Haha. Hopefully. I think expandtab may not be set in some publicized
versions of my vimrc, and it may even only be set in a filetype plugin
on my own system. I'm probably too lazy to check.

I've gone through all the permutations, each time thinking it was the
best or most reasonable. I've finally settled on what I'll call "KISSing
spaces", which means tabs are 8-space special characters and everything
else should be spaces.

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net

    -- Johann Sebastian Bach