Eclipse is very nice, but :(...

Alan Young alansyoungiii at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 11:43:42 MDT 2006

Stuart Jansen wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-06-20 at 09:20 -0600, Alan Young wrote:
>> There are any number of programs that will automatically and reliably
>> re-style and re-format a program in whatever way you want.
>
> For example?
>
> indent is the only one I'm aware of off the top of my head, and it only
> handles a handful of languages.

I don't know about other languages (other than indent, and isn't there a
cindent? or am I mixing up VIm's functionality with a pretty-printer?)
but perl has perltidy.

I've heard people mention PHP and Python beautifiers (although, since
python is so structured I didn't think you could get into style wars
with it).

My point, though, is that arguing over something that is easily
changeable and customizable is a pointless waste of time and energy.
Time and energy better spent on convincing the heathens that VIm is the
One True Editor(tm).

Wait ... did I say that last part out loud?