Eclipse is very nice, but :(...

Roberto Mello rmello at fslc.usu.edu
Mon Jun 19 15:58:49 MDT 2006

On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 02:55:46PM -0600, Stuart Jansen wrote:

> Sadly, some people have not yet realized that there is no editor but Vim
> and Bram is it's maintainer. Looking at the screen, without moving the
> cursor, can you tell the difference between spaces and tabs? No. If
> anyone is so foolish as to change the width of a tab, you will get
> mixtures of tabs and spaces that don't align the same in everyone's

If anyone is so foolish as to mix spaces and tabs, then yes. Otherwise,
you'll get the flexibility of changing the indentation on your own editor
without have to change the code.

Optimizing for the lowest common denominator is not really optimal, and it
may fit your situation better, but not everybody's.

-Roberto

--
It works fine except when I am in Windows.