Eclipse is very nice, but :(...

C. Ed Felt ed at thefelts.net
Mon Jun 19 11:57:12 MDT 2006

C. Ed Felt wrote:

> Fellow Eclipse users, (you can ignore this email if you are not one):
>
> Eclipse is great and has all the goodies I need in an open source,
> code completing, block collapsing IDE.  I finally have it fully
> configured for and would like to use it for PHP, Python, etc.  But
> there is one fatal flaw: I can't seem to find a way to change tab to
> spaces.  I need specifically to change tab to three spaces, (so that
> when I type tab, I get three spaces).  The code is much cleaner this
> way and there are many current and possible future clients who require
> this.  I have tried both Eclipse 3.1 and 3.2 and do not find this
> feature.  Please tell me how to change this setting, or, if possible
> an easy work around.  Please don't tell me about the "Displayed tab
> width" setting.  This is for display only and does not effect the
> actual text.  Sorry if I sound upset, it's because I am frustrated
> with this huge oversight and/or sloppily excluded feature.
>
> -Ed Felt

I did find that PyDev does have the three spaces replace the tab setting
I need.  But this doesn't solve my PHP issue.

<sarcasm>Perhaps when an over abundance of time magically appears I can
hack the source code for the php-ide plug in.</sarcasm>

<crickets>Any more suggestions?</crickets>

Thank you for bottom posting, the top posting can be confusing.

-Ed Felt