Html-PHP help

Ross Werner ross at indessed.com
Sat Jun 17 16:59:11 MDT 2006

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006, Stephen Smith wrote:
> The problem,  we would like to pass the username/password to computer B as
> opaque data (not as arguments to the url.  Additionally, we would like to
> pass the authorization back to server A as opaque data.  The servers are no
> co-located.

As far as I know, there are only two ways to send data to a web page apart
from GET (arguments to the url):
  * POST data
  * Cookie data

POST works for sending the username/password to computer B. No problems
there that I can see. However, I don't know any way of redirecting and
sending POST data. (You could have a "You have logged on successfully,
click this submit button to continue" page, of course.) Which means if you
want seamless redirection your only hope is a cookie, which means (a) the
user has to accept cookies, and (b) both servers have to have the
same/similar domain names.

 	~ Ross