financial program

Russel Caldwell caldr704 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 16:49:56 MDT 2006

I was wondering if there was a program out there somewhere that could help
me with some basic stock market information. One thing that would be useful
to me is a prgram that could check on the closing price of a stock for a
given day. Is there a way to freely access historical trading data by a
program on the interernet? Another thing that would be useful would be
something that would keep track of trades for me. I would want it to work on
Linux and I would possibly be willing to pay something for it.  It would be
really nice to have the source code for it. Just wondering aloud.

Thanks.
Russ