[OT] Lisp IS fun! was Re: Who modified my local variable?

Levi Pearson levi at cold.org
Tue Jun 13 16:30:01 MDT 2006

On Jun 13, 2006, at 4:07 PM, Gregory Hill wrote:

>> Perhaps because lisp is one of the few reasons there is any
>> science in
>> computer science.  Programming C/C++/Java/ruby/python/perl is not
>> computer science.
>
> Maybe not, but the 2nd half of that list is a lot more fun.  I like
> having fun

I beg to differ.  I find Lisp much more fun than C, C++, and Java.
Those aren't fun at all.  I think Python is fun, and perl probably
would be if I wanted to spend the time to learn it well.  I'm sure
I'd find ruby fun, too.  Lisp has the same aspects of fun that ruby,
python, and perl do, for the most part, plus an extra lispy twist! ;)

		--Levi