[OT] Re: Who modified my local variable?

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Tue Jun 13 15:10:54 MDT 2006

Michael L Torrie wrote:
> Well given that "modern" languages are really just a return to the
> theories worked out in the 60s (LISP really has everything that modern
> languages have and more)

I guess you threw in that flamebait for fun. :-)

But I'm not looking for flamebait.  In all honesty, I'd like to know
more about the "and more" part of your LISP statement.  What am I
missing by not using LISP?  I don't mean some random feature like
pretty-printing numbers.  What deep philosophy is in LISP that other
languages have yet to discover?

Shane