[OT] Re: Who modified my local variable?

Jonathan Ellis jonathan at carnageblender.com
Tue Jun 13 15:03:03 MDT 2006

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:38:14 -0400, dave at thesmithfam.org said:
> On Tue, 2006-06-13 at 12:47 -0700, Jonathan Ellis wrote:
> > Try to hire a C++ developer under 30 some time.
>
> My company employs hundreds of C++ developers. In Utah alone we hire a
> new C++ developer under 30 about every two months. Not sure what you're
> talking about here.

I would love to see some hard numbers on this for the job market as a
whole.  I strongly suspect that your company is an exception.

As an example, in my IM list I have 33 developers in almost as many
companies.  Two code primarily in C++.  6 have moved from C++ to C# or
Java in the past 5 years; none have moved the other way.

-Jonathan