Transparent Compression

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at mcnabbs.org
Mon Jun 12 15:04:19 MDT 2006

On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 02:49:25PM -0600, Ryan Nielsen wrote:
> My boss is pulling his save money card.  I would have just upgraded to
> bigger drives, but I am trying to research it a bit at least.  Your
> comment on being inefficient is exactly what I wanted to hear.  Any
> other opinions?

I still don't feel like I really know the full situation, but there's a
cool feature of rsync you might want to know about.  If you use
rsync --link-dest, you can do incremental backups that are each a full
backup.  It's pretty slick, and it saves a lot of space.

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/