A second Extended Partition ?(fdisk)

Joe Crown joecr at linuxmail.org
Thu Jun 8 21:19:56 MDT 2006

It was my understanding that you could create an unlimited number of
logical partitions inside an extended partition.  When I setup my other
computer I'll test that.  I'm going to be testing it with either Kubuntu
or Edubuntu 6.06 as well as Windows 9x for kicks & giggles.

Charles Curley wrote:
> To get five logical partitions, you will need to create two more
> extended partitions, as an extended partition holds at most four
> logical partitions (unless that's changed since I was doing this sort
> of thing. Your present extended partition has a place in its table,
> but no room for it within the extended partition.

American Family Association & 18+ Other Groups Call for Boycott of Ford
Motor Company

Don't pay malware vendors - boycott Sony & Symantec

Joe Crown aka joker

joecr at linuxmail.org

completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Douglas Adams, "Mostly Harmless"

Checked by AVG Free Edition.