A second Extended Partition ?(fdisk)

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Thu Jun 8 10:31:13 MDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 10:17 -0600, MT Morales wrote:
> Also, I just found out
> that these data partitions can then later be moved to its own physical
> drive, but for now its just formality that they have to be on their own
> partition. I know it sounds silly, dont ask me why.
> thanks,

Perhaps you want to educate whoever is making the demand. Partition !=
filesystem and it sounds like the requirement is actually multiple
filesystems.

If you plan on moving the data eventually, then you definitely want to
go with LVM. Moving everything will be as simple as "pvmove" without
even shutting down the system.

Stuart Jansen              e-mail/jabber: sjansen at buscaluz.org
                           google talk:   stuart.jansen at gmail.com

the results." -- Winston Churchill