Java null pointer exception in Mozilla

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 09:41:47 MDT 2006

On 6/6/06, Russel Caldwell <caldr704 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I just had a Java null pointer exception in Mozilla when I tried to run a
> tutorial. Can somebody tell how I might be able to correct the problem? I'm
> afraid that the Java runtime libraries may not be installed correctly but
> I'm not sure. The library files seem to be installed in
> /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins.
>
> Thanks.
> Russ

Are you running Mozilla proper or Firefox?  If you're running Mozilla,
then I'm guessing you're running a fairly old Linux distro.  What
version of Java are you running?

Run the following commands and reply with the output:

cat /etc/issue
ls -l /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
ls -l /usr/lib/firefox/plugins
which java