.bash_profile script

Ross Werner ross at indessed.com
Tue Jun 6 22:45:52 MDT 2006

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006, Michael Torrie wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 21:19 -0600, Russel Caldwell wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Can somebody give me a shell script that will load multiple jar files into
>> the CLASSPATH variable?
>
> This code puts all jar files in the current directory into the class
> path.  This does not take into account the fact that CP will have a
> leading ':'.  If you implement a simple flag variable you can eliminate
> that.  I'll leave that as an exercise for the reader.  In fact this
> whole question should have been an exercise for the reader.  It should
> be trivial to have it use only a specific set of jar files.

Also note that if you're just trying to get all the jar files in a given
directory into your classpath, there's an easier way:

java -Djava.ext.dirs=/path/to/directory MyClass

All the jars in /path/to/directory will automatically be picked up by
Java. (See http://www.yoda.arachsys.com/java/extensions.html for example.)

 	~ Ross