wireless connection

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Sat Jun 3 17:56:36 MDT 2006

On Sat,  3 Jun 2006 at 17:07 -0600, Joe Crown wrote:
> For upgrading the firmware on your router go to
> http://www.qwest.com/internethelp/ & select your router from the list of
> "modems" (I guess they call them modems because they figure the
> customers think that you need a modem, from what I understand a cable
> "modem" is not a modem but a bridge, as it bridges the cable network
> into USB & or Ethernet).  Since you didn't says which one you have I
> can't help you beyond that.

I won't comment on cable, but DSL modems are indeed modems. Not like a
56k modem or something, but a modem nonetheless. The
actiontec is actually both a modem and a router, and a dhcp server and a
firewall and a broken dns server... you get the picture. It's primary
purpose is to be a modem, the rest is secondary.

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net

    -- Johann Sebastian Bach