wireless connection

Joe Crown joecr at linuxmail.org
Fri Jun 2 20:09:07 MDT 2006

The solution I used for my Kubuntu machine was to assign it a static IP
address.  Then make as the third DNS server no problems so
far.  Also if you have the GT701-WG Actiontec DSL "modem" (all the
Actiontec DSL "modems" that Qwest uses are really routers) I'd suggest
using the firmware that was released earlier this year.  The current
version is "QW05-" if you wanted to know.

Russel Caldwell wrote:
> I took out one of the IP addresses in /etc/resolv.conf and Firefox behaves
> much better but it will just get repopulated with the same addresses on the
> next boot, is that right? I found these directions for diabling ipv6. Does
> this look about right?
> I made 2 changes before I rebooted, so I can't be certain which one (or
> both?) actually had the effect of disabling ipv6 on boot.
> 1. vi /etc/sysctl.conf -  add
> net.ipv6.conf.eth1.autoconf = 0
> net.ipv6.conf.eth0.autoconf = 0
> net.ipv6.conf.default.autoconf = 0
> net.ipv6.conf.all.autoconf = 0
> net.ipv6.conf.lo.autoconf = 0
> 2. vi /etc/modprobe.d/aliases - changed
> #alias net-pf-10 ipv6
> alias net-pf-10 off
> # and added
> alias ipv6 off
> then ran update-modules
> then reboot.

American Family Association & 18+ Other Groups Call for Boycott of Ford
Motor Company

Don't pay malware vendors - boycott Sony & Symantec

Joe Crown aka joker

joecr at linuxmail.org

completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Douglas Adams, "Mostly Harmless"

Checked by AVG Free Edition.