wireless connection

Russel Caldwell caldr704 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 18:20:32 MDT 2006

I took out one of the IP addresses in /etc/resolv.conf and Firefox behaves
much better but it will just get repopulated with the same addresses on the
next boot, is that right? I found these directions for diabling ipv6. Does
this look about right?

I made 2 changes before I rebooted, so I can't be certain which one (or
both?) actually had the effect of disabling ipv6 on boot.

1. vi /etc/sysctl.conf -  add
net.ipv6.conf.eth1.autoconf = 0
net.ipv6.conf.eth0.autoconf = 0
net.ipv6.conf.default.autoconf = 0