[OT] Gas companies ... high energy prices attract alternative fuels...

justin gedge jgedge at amis.com
Tue Jan 31 16:20:45 MST 2006

Higher energy prices hit all of us directly and quickly-- and it seems
to be discussed in many places [besides the PLUG]

My dad emailed me a pdf of the ``Sunflower Week in Review'' for Jan
25,2006.  Unfortunately-- the online html version on their website is
stripped down and missing the blurb of interest.  What it said was - w/
oil prices being what they are-- crude oil increased to the point where
the cost per barrel of crude is comparable to the cost of vegetabel
oils.  Soybean Oil is pretty well tracking crude oil prices now on the
cboe [Chicago Board of Exchange].

Even though the blurb of interest wasn't available -- I found another
article [on the same page sunflowersnsa.com] that may be of interest:

SUNFLOWER MAGAZINE
Biodiesel May Power More Engines, Sunflower Too
January 2001

https://www.sunflowernsa.com/magazine/details.asp?ID=205&Cat=10

It's a lot of farming stuff-- trade publications in agriculture-- but
also interesting to see that alternative fuels aren't as far off as many
would think.

Justin Gedge