Preferred method of multiple-machine email checking

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at mcnabbs.org
Mon Jan 30 15:56:46 MST 2006

On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 03:11:45PM -0700, Ross Werner wrote:
> What is everyone's preferred method of multiple-machine email checking?
> (i.e. a single email account, and you want to access (send and receive)
> that email account from various different machines and locations.)

I wrote myself a little script that runs in a cron job and synchronizes
the mail between different machines using Unison.  It's worked really
well for me.  I can read and write messages from my laptop even when
it's not online, and I can use any mail program I feel like.

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/