Strange Issue on FC4

Michael L Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Mon Jan 30 14:28:09 MST 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 14:08 -0700, Erin Sharmahd wrote:
> Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something, but from what I could tell
> from the question, it's *not* affecting all apps.  I think that's
> what's causing the confusion...

It very well could be, if the problem is intermittent.   It is causing
problems for firefox, thunderbird, and gaim.  The fact konqueror appears
to be working could be a red-herring.  Does kmail work?  How about the
KDE instant messenger?  (I'd be surprised if they do).

I'd definitely be looking at the network connection itself, your routes,
your firewall settings, and the results of any ping and traceroute.

Michael