[OT] Gas companies report record profits (old energy thread)

Andy Bradford amb-plug at bradfords.org
Mon Jan 30 12:02:32 MST 2006

Thus said Grant Shipley on Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:14:28 EST:

> Maybe the prices dropped a bit  because of these discussions? Now that
> things have settled down, they are slowly rising again.

Seems to fit right in with the trend:

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=$WTIC,uu[w,a]dallyiay[df][pb50!b200!f][vc60][iLa12,26,9!Lp14,3,3]&pref=G

Until this trend reverses I'm going to assume that the price of gas will
continue  upwards. The  recent drop  in price  was merely  a short  term
correction in the  long term upward trend.  We hit a peak at  the end of
August last year, but the correction  appears to have ended in December.
At that point one could assume that the prices in gas go up again.

And for a longer term look:

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=$WTIC,uu[w,a]wallyiay[pb50!b200!f][vc60][iLa12,26,9!Lp14,3,3]&pref=G

Andy
 12:02pm  up 66 days,  1:30,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00