Strange Issue on FC4

Ross Werner ross at agilestudios.com
Mon Jan 30 11:29:41 MST 2006

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, C. Ed Felt wrote:

>   To anyone willing or able to help:
>   I am a long time Linux user, (Mandrake, P-Nut, FC1-2-3-4, RHE, Ubuntu
>   etc...).  I have hit a wall with an issue I am having on my laptop.
>   Currently running FC4 with KDE (all fully updated).
>   Issues (all happen on wireless and ethernet in both KDE and Gnome
>   desktops):

My first impression is that it sounds like a DNS problem or something
weird like that. I use FC4 on a daily basis both at home and at work, but
I've never seen anything like this before.

What kind of results do you get when you do things like:
1) ping hosts from the command line (for example the MSN/AIM servers, web
pages you can't get to from your web browser, etc.)
2) browse web sites using a text browser like elinks
3) connect to web pages using telnet, e.g.
 	~]$ telnet google.com 80
 	GET / HTTP/1.0   (then hit enter twice)

What are the results from that sort of thing?

 	~ Ross