[ANNOUNCE] eCryptfs v0.1-rc12 Release

Michael Halcrow mike at halcrow.us
Mon Jan 30 10:17:07 MST 2006

On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 10:02:46AM -0700, dataw0lf wrote:
> >We are working on compiling binary RPM and DEB files to ease the
> >installation of eCryptfs. As we are working to get eCryptfs accepted
> >into the mainline Linux kernel, we will also be working on getting
> >various GNU/Linux distributions to pick up eCryptfs as separate
> >installable packages.
>
> As a Ubuntu package maintainer, I could build and submit the DEB
> packages for you to Universe, if you so wish.  Let me know.

That would be helpful; thanks. I have been working on getting eCryptfs
autoconfized; you can get a snapshot of the most recent state from the
testing branch in CVS:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ecryptfs login

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ecryptfs co \
    -P -r testing ecryptfs

I started on a Debian control file, but I have no experience with
doing that, so I need to time to play around a bit. In the meantime, I
am putting out fires for a package I am trying to get ready for SLES
10, so I won't be able to pay any attention to eCryptfs until that is
all taken care of.

Thanks,
Mike
                         Michael A. Halcrow