Figuring out what process is eating bandwidth?

Ross Werner ross at agilestudios.com
Sat Jan 28 11:06:21 MST 2006

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, Stuart Jansen wrote:
> D'oh! I should have remembered those.
>
> http://blogs.gurulabs.com/stuart/archives/2005/03/four_network_mo.html

Ok, so I've downloaded iftop, and looked at ntop's web site, and I can't
figure out any way to look at actual processes--is there any way to do
this with any of the four network monitoring tools you listed? (Or any
other tool for that matter.) They all seem to just track connections (so
you can see which *host* is taking up the most bandwidth, but for example
you can't see how much bandwidth gtk-gnutella is taking up with its sixty
different connections, or apache with its two hundred connections).

 	~ Ross