perl [was: in defense of Java, again]

Justin Findlay jfindlay at
Fri Jan 27 23:48:59 MST 2006

On 1/27/06, Ryan Simpkins <plug at> wrote:
> Ruby is a CELESTIAL language. Which language do you think we will be using
> in the MILLENNIUM!? And since it is CELESTIAL that means it has to be
> PERFECT. So I wanna put this flame-fest to rest by showing that RUBY is
> the only TRUE language, and being so it is PERFECT!

Let me take this opportunity to plug (heh) my brand new fantastic,
phantasmic, uber language, currently in hypothetical development
called emerald, which I, myself being a MORMON, from UTAH, and having
read the book of REVELATION, know that the references to precious
stones are obviously allegorical to computer languages.  When I have
some time I'll think about pretending to write diamond and amethyst as