perl [was: in defense of Java, again]

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Fri Jan 27 11:51:57 MST 2006

> A whole bunch of stuff preceeding this post....

I'm surprised with all this talk of Perl, Python, and Java there hasn't
been more talk of Ruby.

We all know that Ruby's creator (Yukihiro Matsumoto) is a MORMON. And
since we are in UTAH shouldn't we all be using this language created by a
fellow religious believer?

Sure Larry Wall is a Christian, but he's not a MORMON. So that makes Perl
acceptable to you NON-MEMBERS out there until you are baptized and then
you will have to switch to Ruby. And as far as Python goes - well - we all
know who the SNAKE is right? Is anyone confused about that? Python is the
DEVIL'S language!

Java is like COFFEE. And we all know that COFFEE is of the DEVIL as well!
So just by religious background alone we see that Ruby and Perl are the
only Christian languages. And since you are in UTAH shouldn't you be using
the TRUE language?

Ruby is a CELESTIAL language. Which language do you think we will be using
in the MILLENNIUM!? And since it is CELESTIAL that means it has to be
PERFECT. So I wanna put this flame-fest to rest by showing that RUBY is
the only TRUE language, and being so it is PERFECT!

Ruby. Ruby. Ruby. Perl is okay, but only as long as he takes the
discussions. Python can come hang out on Friday, but he has to leave at
midnight. Java is to be shunned unless you enjoy the movie CHICAGO.

Do you think it's okay if I program on SUNDAY if I'm using Ruby?

Sorry - I couldn't resist. I figure this argument makes about as much
sense as many of the others I have enjoyed reading. No offense to anyone.

-Ryan