perl [was: in defense of Java, again]

Gregory Hill Gregory_Hill at tni.com
Fri Jan 27 11:32:52 MST 2006

> I can't speak for Jonathan, and I'm not a perl hater, but I would say
> that perl is (or at least can be) messy because the syntax is too
> rich.  There are too many ways to express the same thing.

Wow, someone's hit the nail on the head finally.  Some people like being
told how to think.  Others like to express themselves.  I, for one,
quite enjoy the looseness of Perl's syntax.  To each his own.

Jonathan's main problem is that he's so convinced of his own superiority
that he's completely blind to other people's opinions.  I used to be
like that when I was younger.  We all start that way, just some of us
learn that there are other equally smart (or smarter) people out there
who don't necessarily agree with us.

Greg