perl [was: in defense of Java, again]

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 10:27:34 MST 2006

On 1/27/06, Bryan Sant <bryan.sant at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/27/06, Jonathan Ellis <jonathan at carnageblender.com> wrote:
> > Which is the long way of saying, I hope the the distinction between
> > "putting down Perl" and "putting down Perl programmers" is not lost
> > here.
>
> I'm against that EVIL and IMMORAL and ILLEGAL war in
> Iraq!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Anyone who supports or signs up to fight in that
> war is an IDIOT!!!!!
> Oh...  But I support the troops.  :-)
>
> -Bryan

Somehow I know this post is going to come back to bite me next time I
try the same tactic :-).  Windows as a server platform *is* stupid,
but not all Windows admins are stupid.  There, I've already found a
counter example that I agree with.

I'll say this though.  Even though I don't agree with everyone on this
list:  Jonathan, Stewart (and others who are avid Java haters).  At
least you guys are speaking from experience.  Sometimes that
experience is limited -- but it's not just emotion driven bull crap
(well mostly :-)).  Even when these flame wars irrupt and things get a
little rough, I still respect the experience that you all have.

I personally learn more from our fights, than the casual discussions.
So, keep throwing those hand grenades! ;-)

-Bryan