Task Scheduling

Ryan Bowman ryanlbowman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 10:21:39 MST 2006

On 1/25/06, Bryan Sant <bryan.sant at gmail.com> wrote:
> There are three types of EJBs and three marketed benefits:
>
> 1) Entity beans make accessing a database easy.
> 2) Session  beans make distributing an application across the network trivial.
> 3) Message driven beans make using message-oriented-middleware a snap.
>
> Ryan, I'm sure that politically you don't have the power to alter your
> applications chosen architecture.

You got that right.

> EJB 3.0 is a whole other story though.  It's actually really great --
> they've incorporated the concepts of Spring :-).
>
> -Bryan

We're using session beans, and looking forward to upgrading to ejb3
sometime, and hopefully hibernate someday, so we're not so tied down
to a specific database, which currently we're stuck with, you guessed
it, MS SqlServer 2000, Yeah!  But that's a wholy different can of
venomous snakes.