perl [was: in defense of Java, again]

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Thu Jan 26 09:37:26 MST 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-26 at 07:15 -0800, Jonathan Ellis wrote:
> We've been down this road before, haven't we?  I think it ended up with
> me showing that I'm a lot more experienced in perl than you are in about
> anything, and you getting your feelings hurt.

I assume you're referring to this post:
http://www.plug.org/pipermail/plug/2005-August/016207.html

Let me make a few thing absolutely clear:

1) You attacked and defamed my employer. I called foul. (As did a fellow
Pythonista. http://www.plug.org/pipermail/plug/2005-August/016215.html )

2) You have not demonstrated that you have any more good sense than I.
We're both about equally skilled at using words as weapons, but that's
hardly a mark of qualification. In other words, I do not respect you
enough that you would be able to hurt my feelings. There's only a
handful of people on this list that could.

Going back through the archives to figure out what you were talking
about was interesting, however. It is obvious that you're a former Java
lover converted to Python zealot. If your feelings have been hurt by
Perl programmers repeated attacks... tough. If you want to throw insults
back and forth, I'm game. I've been trying to cut back, but in your case
I'll make an exception.

Stuart Jansen              e-mail/jabber: sjansen at buscaluz.org
                           google talk:   stuart.jansen at gmail.com
* ^From:.*sjansen@