in defense of Java, again [was: Re: Task Scheduling]

Mister E Mister.Ed at AgoraCart.com
Wed Jan 25 17:06:50 MST 2006

Jonathan Ellis wrote:
> ... But it's worth noting
> that Python doesn't have the maintainability problems that some
> dynamic languages have (Perl would be the poster boy here), and
> scales much better in that respect.

Just curious what you meant by "maintainability problems" in Perl.  I
work quite a bit in Perl (one of several favorites). I also code and/or
have coded in a host of other languages.  I haven't had any probs with
this issue for what I use Perl for.  I am curious about your perspective
on the issue.

I haven't tried Python yet, but I am curious enough to give it a whirl
at some point.

Mister Ed