Apache - Windows vs Linux

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 16:49:18 MST 2006

On 1/25/06, Michael L Torrie <torriem at chem.byu.edu> wrote:
> I haven't personally researched this, but someone I know did and he
> found that the only real solution to this is to use mod_jk (the
> recommended solution). Apparently this semicolon thing is the default
> behavior too, which strikes me as very odd since it violates the RFCs.
>

> It causes problems because mod_proxy thinks the ";JSESSIONID=blah" is
> part of the URI, and so nothing gets matched.  mod_proxy properly only
> matches against everything up to the "?"
>
> Michael

It looks like everyone is complaining about the same example.  I guess
I haven't seen the problem because I don't map things down to the
exact page name.  I forward things by prefix directory.

So doing this:

ProxyPass / http://10.0.0.1:8080/webapp
ProxyPassReverse / http://10.0.0.1:8080/webapp

Works fine when accessing http://apache.address/webapp/mypage.

The problem seems to be when you try to map this:

ProxyPass / http://10.0.0.1:8080/webapp/mypage
ProxyPassReverse / http://10.0.0.1:8080/webapp/mypage

I don't know why you would map that way, but oh well.  Shame on Tomcat
for now following the RFC.

-Bryan