Task Scheduling

Ryan Bowman ryanlbowman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 12:51:30 MST 2006

On 1/25/06, Bryan Sant <bryan.sant at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would agree.  I think JBoss is a screwed up app server.  It's
> classloader strategy is totally funky and problematic.  If you're not
> using EJB's you should use Tomcat - period.  If you need EJB,
> transaction support, MDB, JNDI, etc. and thus you must have a full
> blown app server use Apache Geronimo, Resin, or Sun's GlassFish.
> JBoss (at least JBoss 4 and below) is crap.
>
> -Bryan

Um, you do know that the current version is 4.0.3, right?  It's worked
okay for us, I don't know anything about ejbs, I'm just a code monkey
right now, so I don't know what other appservers would gives that
jboss doesn't.  I think most, if not all, of the problems we've had
with it have been misunderstandings, misconfig, etc on our part.