Task Scheduling

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 12:43:57 MST 2006

On 1/25/06, Stuart Jansen <sjansen at buscaluz.org> wrote:
> In order to auto-deply, JBoss has to do all kinds of dark class loader
> voodoo. (Thankfully) I haven't used it for years, but I never saw it
> successfully auto-deploy anything but toy projects.

I would agree.  I think JBoss is a screwed up app server.  It's
classloader strategy is totally funky and problematic.  If you're not
using EJB's you should use Tomcat - period.  If you need EJB,
transaction support, MDB, JNDI, etc. and thus you must have a full
blown app server use Apache Geronimo, Resin, or Sun's GlassFish.
JBoss (at least JBoss 4 and below) is crap.

-Bryan