Task Scheduling

Ryan Bowman ryanlbowman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 10:54:50 MST 2006

At work we use jboss as our web app server, when we want to deploy new
code we need to restart jboss, but the optimal time to do so is
between 1am and 3am. Rather than wake up that early I want to schedule
the restart to happen automatically, but it doesn't need to happen on
a regular schedule, just every so often when we have new code to
launch.
I'm thinking of writing a script that edits crontab to schedule the
restart for 1am daily.  I can run that script manually on the days
that I need to restart jboss, then the following day remove that task
from cron (or modify the restart script to edit crontab for me).  Is
there a better way?