Linux Jobs!

Daniel Handy dhandy at bluehost.com
Mon Jan 23 17:50:35 MST 2006

Bluehost is one of the fastest growing companies in Utah and provides web
hosting services to more than 80,000 domains.  We have more than 80 Linux
servers and we are looking for talented people with Linux knowledge to join
our team.  We have multiple openings right now for: Senior System
Administrator, Senior Perl Programmer, and Technical Support Engineers

Senior Linux System Administrator

We are currently seeking highly skilled linux system administrators. Listed
below are some of the requirements.
1) Must have at least 4+ linux system administration experience
2) Must have strong background in Apache/MySQL setup and configuration.
3) Must have strong security skills include using MRTG, Snort, and other
intrusion detection software.
4) Must be VERY familiar with NFS/ DNS-Bind/ Qmail/ MySQL/Apache
5) Must feel VERY comfortable custom compiling kernels and building kernel
modules.
6) We use RHEL 4 (Centos 4.2) for all our servers. Experience with these
distros is also a bonus.
7) Intermediate level of Perl programming would big a big bonus, but is not
100 necessary.

Senior Perl Programmer

We are currently looking for 1-2 Senior Perl Developers to assist with our
growth. Qualifying candidates will possess the skills listed below:
1) At least 3 years experience as a Perl developer
2) Must be Knowledgeable with Linux and basic system administration
3) Must be competent developing web applications and system utilities
4) Must be able to create Perl modules
5) Must be competent with object oriented Perl
6) Must be able to stay on task and accomplish tasks in a timely manner

Technical Support Engineers

We currently need 3-4 new Level 1 support engineers for morning, evening, or
graveyard shifts. We will provide training on the job, but applicants must
meet minimum requirements stated below.

Employment Requirements:
1) Must be familiar with basic web concepts such as FTP (Uploading files),
HTTP, and HTML

2) Any experience with Linux/Unix command line is a big bonus.
3) Must be well spoken on the phone, and be able to type at least 40 words
per mintue.
4) Experience building/maintaining a personal website would be a big bonus.
5) Must be a hard working, and ethically minded.

Please contact me via email or phone if you are interested.

Thanks,

Daniel Handy

General Manager

BlueHost.com