Comcast Costs?

Kirk Lapray kirk.lapray at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 22:54:49 MST 2006

When I was looking at switching I talked to several people at Comcast, as
well as the number you call to activate with comcastoffers.com.  I was
always told something different every time I called.  If you don't like what
one representative is saying simply call back and you will get someone
saying something else.  It would be nice if they were all on the same page,
or possibly it is fine the way it is.  I do have the 8Mbs rate and verified
it when they came to enable the service and I don't have cable.

You shouldn't have any problems.  That was what I was going to do.  You
don't really order the service until you call them to set up an install time
(if you don't have cable they have to send someone out to make sure
everything is set correctly with their equipment).  Since I went directly
through Comcast to order the service I ended up saving around $50 for the
service fee since they were having a special, but I didn't quite get as good
as a deal on the first few months of service.  I did, however, get exactly
what I wanted.  From what I can tell it doesn't matter who you call to
activate the service in order to get the rebates, I will know for sure once
my rebates are here, but I have received confirmation that they were sending
them out.

Kirk