MythTV not picking up sound on channel 15 (WB)

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at mcnabbs.org
Sat Jan 21 20:22:37 MST 2006

On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 05:50:29PM -0700, Mitch Anderson wrote:
> I have the minimum cable TV from comcast, hooked up to my mythtv box
> (Gentoo and PVR-150).  Everything works great except I don't get any
> sound on channel 15.  Sound comes through fine on every other channel
> just not on the WB... Normally this wouldn't be a problem except I
> would like to record SNL instead of having to stay up and watch it
> some times.  I've looked through the backend log, and the front end,
> and don't really see anything that would point me to what might be
> causing the problem.
>
> Ideas?

I think you'll be a lot more likely to get an idea from the mythtv-users
list.

I do have one idea, though:

I've noticed that the Hauppauge cards occasionally get themselves into
weird states.  About once a month, the card will start doing something
irritating, and I've even had sound go out completely.  A hard reset--
not a reboot, but a shutdown, wait a minute, and startup--will often fix
weird problems.

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/