Comcast Costs?

Ross Werner ross at agilestudios.com
Sat Jan 21 11:07:32 MST 2006

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006, Lars Rasmussen wrote:

> I'm considering dumping my standalone Qwest copper DSL(Veracity as
> ISP) in favor of Comcast internet service.  I'm not planning on
> signing up for their television subscriptions, even though I
> understand that would discount their internet billing.

Where do you live? If you live in places that are scheduled for (or
already have) fiber connections like Provo or Orem, you can get outrageous
discounts from their "list price". I currently pay $44.14 a month (that's
the actual dollar amount I send to Comcast) for cable internet (I think
it's even their higher speed line) and their basic cable TV package (the
broadcast stations and a handful of others). I was paying $37/m for a
while, too.

And I highly recommend Comcast over Qwest. They both may be uber-sucky
monopolies, and a pain in the butt to deal with, but I've found Comcast to
be far less of a pain than Qwest.

 	~ Ross