Load Balancing with Postfix [and SpamAssassin]

Matthew Walker matt at thebraingarden.com
Fri Jan 20 13:32:31 MST 2006

On Friday 20 January 2006 13:09, Michael L Torrie wrote:
> I'm not sure you can gray list on a per-user basis.  Usually such
> filters work during the HELO stage of the smtp exchange.  If you did it
> after the RCPT TO: stage, I believe the message would bounce
> immediately, which is not what you want.
>
> This this is not the case, then I am even that much happier.
>
> Ideally, for an ISP it would merely be an opt-in tool.

After reading the whitepaper, it should be trivial to impliment an opt-in
greylisting system. Just have the greylisting daemon check a database to see
if the recipient in the triplet is interested in greylisting. If not, just
exit, and let normal SMTP continue. If they are, trigger greylisting logic.

--
Matthew Walker
The Brain Garden, Inc
matt at thebraingarden.com
Work: (801) 655-1075
Home: (801) 491-2079
Page: (801) 283-9887 (Emergencies Only)

Random Quote:
Hubbard's Law:
	Don't take life too seriously; you won't get out of it alive.