Load Balancing with Postfix [and SpamAssassin]

Matthew Walker matt at thebraingarden.com
Fri Jan 20 13:32:31 MST 2006

On Friday 20 January 2006 13:09, Michael L Torrie wrote:
> I'm not sure you can gray list on a per-user basis.  Usually such
> filters work during the HELO stage of the smtp exchange.  If you did it
> after the RCPT TO: stage, I believe the message would bounce
> immediately, which is not what you want.
> This this is not the case, then I am even that much happier.
> Ideally, for an ISP it would merely be an opt-in tool.

After reading the whitepaper, it should be trivial to impliment an opt-in
greylisting system. Just have the greylisting daemon check a database to see
if the recipient in the triplet is interested in greylisting. If not, just
exit, and let normal SMTP continue. If they are, trigger greylisting logic.

Matthew Walker
The Brain Garden, Inc
matt at thebraingarden.com
Work: (801) 655-1075
Home: (801) 491-2079
Page: (801) 283-9887 (Emergencies Only)

Random Quote:
Hubbard's Law:
	Don't take life too seriously; you won't get out of it alive.