Run Mac x86 binaries on Linux?

Michael L Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Fri Jan 20 13:29:08 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 11:50 -0700, Barry Roberts wrote:
> Does anybody know of a project to let x86 Mac binaries on x86 Linux?

No, but there is a project to run PPC Mach-O binaries on PPC Linux.  I'm
sure they will be busy porting it to x86 in the future:

http://www.softpear.org/wiki/Main_Page

It got to the point of being able to run a number of OS X command line
BSD utilities on yellow dog.  It is capable of opening Mach-O binaries
and Mach shared libraries (dylib).

Michael