Load Balancing with Postfix [and SpamAssassin]

Michael L Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Fri Jan 20 13:09:23 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 11:54 -0700, Corey Edwards wrote:
> That's the crucial factor. Some people, like Stuart, don't mind those
> delays. Others do. To each his own. But for somebody like me running an
> ISP, I can't even guess what all my customers are going to want.
> Actually, I can. They're going to choose every mutually exclusive option
> possible and I have to provide it. I might consider a greylisting system
> that was user selectable, though.

I'm not sure you can gray list on a per-user basis.  Usually such
filters work during the HELO stage of the smtp exchange.  If you did it
after the RCPT TO: stage, I believe the message would bounce
immediately, which is not what you want.

This this is not the case, then I am even that much happier.

Ideally, for an ISP it would merely be an opt-in tool.

Michael