Run Mac x86 binaries on Linux?

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 12:03:56 MST 2006

On 1/20/06, Barry Roberts <blr at robertsr.us> wrote:
> Does anybody know of a project to let x86 Mac binaries on x86 Linux?

I'm not sure of an existing project, but I'm sure something will come
along.  There is already a project to emulate the PPC processor on x86
- PearPC:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pearpc

Pear PC does a JIT compile from PPC machine code to x86 machine code.
Apple's own product that allows old PPC apps to run on the new Intel
Macs is doing the same thing.

Surely I'll dual boot with Linux on my future Intel Mac, but I'm more
interested with MacOS being able to run Linux binaries and Windows
binaries without leaving MacOS.  If I could do that, then I'd never
care to boot into another OS.

-Bryan